Saturday, November 10, 2012

Sister Missionaries


We had the sister missionaries over for dinner a few weeks ago. I love having the sisters over. They always bring a sweet spirit into our place. I love it!

It reminded me of when the sisters came to our place in Utah last year. I wish I would have written down that experience then. It was such a neat experience.

I was thinking about quitting my job to stay home with my girls. I felt really strongly that I should after I'd watched conference, but I just couldn't do it. I didn't know how things would work out financially if I quit.

So I kept working. I loved my job, and it felt secure.

When the sisters came over one sister shared something with us that I will never forget. She was from Japan.

She shared an experience with us. She said she felt like she should quit her job. She wanted to be in a better environment to help her prepare for her mission. She didn't know how it would work out, but she knew it would. She ended up quitting her job, and things worked out in the end.

She had so much faith. She said sometimes you just need to have faith that things will work out. Trust Heavenly Father, and it will be ok.

I needed to hear those words!

I still didn't have enough courage to quit my job at the time, but I had a little more faith to do so.

I am grateful for the people Heavenly Father puts in our path. I am thankful for the things I've been taught by those people. He always lets me know he's there and very aware of me personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment