Wednesday, November 7, 2012

General Conference


General Conference meant a lot to me this year. I really needed it. It lifted me up when I was in the slumps. I haven't been that down in a long time.

I don't even remember the details of all of the talks I loved or who said them, but I remember the feeling I felt. I felt peace, hope and that everything was going to be okay.

I really needed that.

For the first two months of living in Arizona, I didn't really leave my house. I left to go running, swimming at our pool, on a walk, etc., but I didn't really leave my house to do anything. I was depressed. It was hard not having a job. So I worked on my health and fitness business as much as I could to bring in some income. I make about $1200 - $1500 a month with that business right now, but it's not enough to support our family of four.

So after conference, and after talking to my dad, I made a goal to leave my house and do something. I did my hair and make up, and I went out.

Since I hadn't gotten ready in a while, I realized I needed to get my hair done. So I went to a hair salon and got my hair done.

It was a neat experience. Long story short, I ended up sharing the gospel with the hair dresser. He agreed to read the Book of Mormon.

I was glad I left my house. :)

Since then I've been leaving my house everyday. I went to a Relief Society activity, an outdoor mall, a pumpkin patch, to a park with a girl in our ward and to a Halloween party.

I am gradually getting out of the slumps, gaining more confidence, and getting back on track. One day at a time.

I'm trying to focus on what I have instead of what I don't have. That has helped a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment